Model 13 Steel Buckle – Challenging Behaviour Harness
A fully rear-fastening harness for single-seat vehicles.
It is designed for those passengers with challenging behaviour and/or learning difficulties whilst also providing postural support and assisting in seating the occupant in an upright sitting position.
This model has the ‘Steel-Safety buckle’ fitted to the shoulder straps and the waist and chest straps.
This version is often referred to as the “Houdini” harness by our customers as it is suitable for those passengers with inquisitive fingers or potential escapologists, as all three buckles fasten behind the back of the seat.
Also suitable for use on many wheelchairs and some easy chairs.
‘Velcro Comfort Sleeves’ will be supplied with each harness to fasten around the Shoulder Straps.
- To fit this harness, easy access is required all the way round the seat back & underneath the base of the seat cushion in order to fasten the straps.
- Only suitable for minibuses, coaches & people carriers etc. which allow easy access directly behind the seat.
- MUST NOT be fitted to a standard car where the only access to the back of the seat is via the boot.
- This harness is not classed as a safety harness.
- The vehicle safety belt MUST be worn over the top of our harness unless there are exemptions for medical reasons.
- The combination of the existing safety belt & the secondary harness offers added security for the passenger.
For current laws and guidelines please visit – www.rospa.com or www.childcarseats.org.uk