Model 28 Steel for Challenging Behaviour
Designed to offer postural-support and a certain degree of restraint to children and adults to keep them in an upright sitting position.
It has been extremely successful for those passengers with challenging behaviour and / or learning difficulties.
The harness consists of a full body-harness connected to a back-pad which is fitted vertically around the vehicle seat-back with two fixing-straps.
It has a under-strap to help prevent the passenger from sliding down in their seat
The waist-belt on this harness is fitted with a ‘Steel Safety Buckle’ for those passengers with inquisitive fingers that can undo the ‘Press Release Buckle’.
NB. We strongly recommend that a ‘Seat Belt Cutter’ is kept in the vehicle when the harness is fitted with a ‘Steel Safety Buckle’.
A simple but effective device for ensuring the occupants of a car are able to exit quickly and safely, particularly in the event of an overturned car.
‘Model 28’ fits most types of vehicle seating, including: –
- Some High-Backed Booster-seats
To fit the harness access is required between the seat-back and the seat-cushion of the vehicle seat to fasten the fixing-straps vertically around the back rest.
NB. This harness is very similar to the ‘Model 27′ harness which has horizontal fixing-straps. ‘Model 27′ will only fit single-seats and is more suitable for those seats where the seat-back narrows towards the top.
Available in one size only (4 years to adult. Approx – 15kg upwards)
- This harness will accommodate young children in some child-seats.
- All booster-cushions.
- Passengers above 135 cm who are able to sit directly on the vehicle seat.
‘Velcro Comfort Sleeves’ will be supplied with each harness, these can be fitted around the shoulder-straps & under-strap where required.
- This harness is not classed as a safety-harness.
- The vehicle safety-belt MUST be worn over the top of our harness unless they are exempt for medical reasons.
- The combination of the existing safety-belt & the secondary harness offers added security for the passenger.