Model 27 Press Release Harness for Single Seats & Aircraft Seats
Designed to offer postural-support and a certain degree of restraint to children and adults on single or split-backed bench-seats, to keep them in an upright sitting position.
The harness consists of a full body-harness connected to a back-pad which is fitted horizontally around the vehicle seat-back with two fixing-straps.
It has a under-strap to help prevent the passenger from sliding down in their seat
The waist-belt on this harness is fitted with a ‘Press Release buckle’.
‘Velcro Comfort Sleeves’ will be supplied with each harness, these can be fitted around the shoulder-straps & under-strap where required.
- Fits single-seats including low or high-backed.
- It has been accepted for passenger use on aircraft seats by many leading airlines.
- The two horizontal fixing-straps do not interfere with the passenger behind using the drop-down trays.
- It must be used in conjunction with the existing aircraft safety-belt.
- NB. The Model 27 is NOT FAA approved.
- We always advise our customers to seek permission from the airlines to use our harnesses prior to departure.
- We also recommend that you request permission in writing or get a contact name & telephone number to avoid any problems at the Airport.
- This harness is not classed as a safety harness.
- The vehicle safety belt MUST be worn over the top of our harness unless they are exempt for medical reasons.
- The combination of the existing safety belt & the secondary harness offers added security for the passenger.
For those passengers with inquisitive fingers that can undo the ‘Press Release buckle’, please choose Model 27 fitted with the ‘Steel Safety buckle’.
NB. There is a “Try Before You Fly” service that aims to empower disabled people so you can make informed choices and be more confident when flying:
Tryb4uFly – QEF Tryb4uFly – QEF
For current laws and guidelines please visit – www.rospa.com or www.childcarseats.org.uk